8 Lip & cheek products that’ll bring joy & efficiency to your day
November 6, 2020
By Pritika Gupta & Samia Abbasi
My obsession with efficiency and my love for makeup have finally found some common ground and those products are called Lip & Cheek tints. Depending on the consistency, these products can also serve as an eyeshadow. Samia from our team has introduced me to many wonderful things, but MLK Makeup is definitely close to the top of the list! I was fairly hesitant about a dual use product in terms of consistency and sensitivity of my own skin but MILK Lip and Cheek stick in Quickie glides onto my skin, leaves a dewy feeling, and is the subtle tint that shows well on my skin tone without any sort of over application! Here are 8 multipurpose lip and cheek products that are versatile, easy to use, and have amazing color payoff for BIPOC skin tones.
1. For an affordable multi-use blush, try this Gen Z brand M2U NYC’s Cream Blush Stick ($6)
With three dreamy colors, Spring Dust (an orangey coral), Fairy (a rosey pink), and Hot (a cherry red), this cream blush blends easily with your fingers, and creates a soft fine shimmer on your face.
2. For an easy-to-use product with a dewy finish, try MILK Makeup Lip + Cheek Stick ($15-28)
“My current favourite lip and cheek product is from MILK Makeup. The lip + cheek tint in the shade Quirk (a warm spiced rose) is absolutely amazing for a natural look and has a dewy finish which I love. It’s buildable which is perfect for a glam look as well! It’s definitely my go to product I use in my daily makeup routine.” —Kriti Thapa, @by_kriti
3. Be at ease throughout the day with Benefit Cosmetics Cheek & Lip Stain’s long-lasting tint ($18)
“I love Benefit's Cheek and Lip Tint! The color matched well with my skin tone and lasted longer throughout the day.” —Kyungye Hyun, @__khyun__
4. You’ve heard of Glossier Cloud Paint, but have you used it as a color corrector before? ($18)
“My favourite lip & cheek product or multipurpose product would probably be Glossier Cloud Paint in the shade Dawn (a sunny coral). I love wearing it on my cheeks, lips and eyes, and it works as a great corrector and concealer.” —Farzana, @textbookbeauty
“I like cheek tints because they're easy to apply and blend with your hands. Glossier Cloud Paint looks really natural so good for people like me who like natural makeup. It comes in many colors, too.” —Tanya Sharma, @tanyash1991
5. Sunny yellow on your cheeks, lips, & eyelids? Rituel de Fille Nectar Pigment Balm is the perfect pick me up ($24)
In six stunning shades including yellow and orange, Rituel de Fille brings us a range of perfectly translucent yet vibrant balms that are stunning all over your face. You should also check out their Inner Glow Creme Pigments, which are similar to the Nectar Balms and come in a range of moody colors like Intuition (a soft mauve-ish gray).
6. For the busiest and laziest days, the Alleyoop Stack the Odds Multi-use Face Palette has got you covered ($34)
Stack the Odds comes with a highlight, contour, and blush in one stackable disk that you can slide into your makeup bag. It’s perfect for people on the go who are looking to add convenience to their makeup routines.
7. ILIA’s Multi Stick is a must-have for any everyday makeup routine, especially for darker skin tones ($34)
An easy to wear, buttery soft texture for your lips and cheeks. ILIA has a great selection of flattering colors for darker skin tones. We are especially excited about Cheek to Cheek (a sienna red) and Dreamer (a warm nude).
8. Live your best beauty life with Thrive Causemetics Triple Threat Color Stick ($36)
Thrive Causemetics color stick melts onto your skin for a healthy, natural flush of hydrating color. You can use it on your face, lips, and body, it’s travel friendly, and also comes with a brush on one end.
Cover photo credit: Farzana, @textbookbeauty
All in-article images are from brands' websites and Instagram.